Friday, November 25, 2005

 

Little things can go a long way

Got a box in the mail last week from Expedia. Inside was a thank you letter for giving them my business, as well as a SearchAlert TSA-approved travel lock.

I'm not used to getting packages from most Internet companies, unless I've specifically ordered something to be delivered. Most Web-based services companies communicate explicitly via email and their Web sites, so it's rare when you get something in the mail - especially a box and gift. I'm not the most frequent Expedia shopper in the world, but the fact that they sent something like this stood out.

Knowing that Expedia measures everything to a T, I'm sure this mailing has already been calculated a success based on the expected increased site usage and loyalty it will generate. Impressive.

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?